Tuesday, July 24, 2007

English teaching

I may have mentioned to you before that I was offered a job teaching a group of adults in Tokyo (Ebisu to be exact). I have been told by my boss that the company was looking for a discount and that the lesson may be canceled. Right now they are paying 3500 yen and hour, which is dirt cheap. I was supposed to have the trial lesson as early as tomorrow, so if it happens it will be a while. All I can say is that it would make for a long day. The lesson would start at 8 or 8:30 in the morning for an hour and I would have to travel for about an hour to get there.
Last week I attended and English teacher's networking group in Yokosuka. It is a group offered through the Fleet and Family Support center. The moderator of the group gave me information about a woman who is leaving Japan and has tons of students she needs to give to other women. Last night I went with her to Kamakura (about an hour away from Yokohama) to see a class of about 9 to 19 year olds. There are four groups and the lesson lasts one hour each. It is a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it last night and I look forward to taking it on. There are tons of other groups and private students that I still have to make a decision on. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Ah networking, best way to fine something you can fit into. I'm sure you will make a good choise that will work for you.
    Keep us informed.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete