Saturday, July 14, 2007

Man-yi

My grumbling gets louder as the rain continues to fall outside and the storm moves closer to Yokohama. We've gotten about 3" of rain today, which is just less than half the rain we've gotten so far this month.
I had to spend a lot of my day out in the rain today. Had to move my plants and other things inside because they were "potential projectiles". I stood outside with one of the dogs I am watching this month because he refuses to do his business in the rain. I took him out about 6 times and he'd never go. Hate to see what I'll find tomorrow morning...
The NEX, Commissary, and other things including the on-base chapel will all be closed tomorrow. Lucky for me I went out in the rain today to get groceries and gas for the car!
I honestly just hope that the weather is nice where ever my husband is!

2 comments:

  1. Don't count on it. I would imagine high waves...yuk!

    Maybe an umbrella for the dog would help or doggy diapers. Can't say as i blame him.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think the sound of the rain would help the doggie go and do his business. I feel for you, when Danny was 2 months old, a hurricane went through the Northeast and all the hubbies had to take the subs out. The good part? I invited 3 other wives over and we had a hurricane party. It was great! There were other babies and even a 5 year old, as well as one mom that was pregnant and having false labor due to the barometric pressure difference caused by the hurricane. Excitement, excitement!

    This too shall pass, and by the time you guys are ready to come back Stateside, typhoons will be a non-event. Hang in there! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete