Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Update on lessons

I am tired of being underpaid....
I thought I could start getting a decent paycheck by taking on some groups and new students. All is not lost, but things are getting progressively more difficult. That group in Kamakura (the one about an hour from our house that is twice a week) was supposed to work out. I was really excited about it. The guy who owns the school called the woman who passed the group on to me and said that his students said they didn't think they could learn from me. What is that supposed to mean?! I am a perfectly good teacher and their lessons wouldn't change. I am upset about this, does it show?
Someone explain this to me. Oh, and while you're at it please tell me what it is about my personality that makes people walk all over me. I won't get into that now though.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I think someone needs to explain it to the students! By any chance are you much younger than the other lady?

    Why do people walk on you........because you are a very nice person. That means you probably don't look like a B...H. Sometimes people keep pushing until you just tell them where to go. I always felt like a doormat, but now that I am older for some reason when I am in a store or anywhere, people single me out and want to talk to me,,,,go figure.

    Maybe you could ask them to give you a chance and then after a period of time if they still feel that they can't learn, you could just move on.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete