Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nothing happening

Just because it's been a few days since the blog has been updated, I just wanted to say that nothing is really happening around here.
I did feel the earthquake earlier this week. Since it was on the west coast, it wasn't nearly as strong here but it did last for quite a while and shook differently than others I've felt. It was rocking side ways and felt like the house was on a shallow pool of water. Anyway, no damage here and I didn't even get up from the couch while it was happening. Does that totally make me sound lazy?
As you know, the typhoon didn't really happen here, but the weather has been pretty mediocre ever since. Very little rain, just constantly overcast. Blah!
I spent majority of my day yesterday babysitting a three month old boy. His twin sister, mother and a friend with her one year old went to Tokyo to the embassy so Aidan was with me from 930 til 7 pm. I hardly even found time to eat. It was a lot of work.
Gotta drive to Yokosuka today. The Fleet and Family Support Center offers an English teacher's networking group every month and I am available to go for the first time since I started teaching last December.
I got a call from Danny a few days ago. Unfortunately, I did most the talking but it was really great to hear from him anyway. I'll be happy when he is home again.

2 comments:

  1. You'll know when the earthquake gets serious....when the couch walks across the floor toward the door!! I saw this happen in California.
    Babies are like kittens, they are less time consuming and stressful when you get them from the start. It is also easier when they are your own, not so much worry.
    I am now an official Mustin family member....when do I get my official badge?
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather sounds a bit like our own, overcast and blah. No earthquakes or typhoons though, you have us there.

    Yes, little guys are a LOT of work, but oh so worth it. All the trouble they cause is forgiven and forgotten with just one, "Love you, Mommy". You'll melt to your very core the first time. Nah, forget that. You'll melt EVERY time! :-)

    ReplyDelete