Wednesday, September 06, 2006

blah, blah, blah

Sorry, can't give any gossip, but I did get a phone call from Danny this morning. That lifted my spirits a bit. This last week has been a little rough. There is not much to do except watch tv. I don't have any motivation to do much else. Hopefully that will get better though. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can afford a car or even a couch. When the movers come tomorrow they are taking the temporary couch, so I will be sitting on grandma's folding rocking chair and two foldible lawn chairs like we take camping.
still have to decide what I want first- a car, a couch, or a dog. If I go on base the dog may be free, but not free to take care of. The car is hard because, one, we have very little money and two, it can be hard to find one in our price range. We want to spend $1000 or less, which isn't unreasonable, but I want one that has Japanese inspection and insurance for at least a while. Here they don't insure the driver, but the car. It is not that expensive and last for at least 2 years, so if we buy a car that is insured it will stay on the car. The thing is even though we live close to a really big city (Yokohama) we are still really far from the base and other things. The bus and train are convenient, but just aren't enough sometimes, especially when you have to haul things back and forth. I want to make a commissary run to Yokosuka, but I couldn't buy much because I would have to take it on the train. It would not only be a pain, but I may not be able to carry everything I need. The argument about the couch... well, that's pretty self-explainatory. I have been looking, but I don't want to pay for a new one. The only used one I've seen locally is a leather couch which I defintely don't want. Sadly, my choices are limited. I have no way to get it to my house. I can't buy one from out of town because you have to get throught the gate to get to our house. It is just like any other military base.
Eh. Don't feel like talking anymore. Our things come tomorrow and I have to go talk to the housing office to get a few things straightened out. I'll yap later.

2 comments:

  1. Iknow you would love a dog. but I would wait on thiis purchase. They are great company but also very expensive to maintain. Also you have to train them or you really have problems. Maybe a couch or car would be a better investment. Yes, it is very hard to carry goceries on a train. We had to use the bus in Fairfield and that was with Grandpa's help, every Saturday. What happened to the scooter with a big basket? Cheer up, you will feel much better when your stuff gets there. Also give you something to do.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Remember if you have a dog and want to go somewhere, you have to kennel or find someone to take care of your dog. can get expensive.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete