Friday, September 01, 2006

Rainy Friday

I don't have much time to write today. I have some mail that badly needs to be sent out. Unfortunately I left Julie's birthday card at home, so let her know I will send it soon. The rain has been coming down all day so I couldn't wait to go out until it stopped. Guess I should be used to it. At least it drops the temperature a bit.
I went out into town yesterday with the woman who lives next door. I don't remember her name, but she is Japanese. Her and her husband have two children and a dog and they are all very nice people (yes, even the dog). Danny and Craig (our neighbor) are already talking about drinking beer together. A guy from Danny's ship and his wife came by our house last night just to say hi. They live in Negishi Heights as well; just down the street. Hopefully it will give me someone to talk with while the ship is gone.
Kana and Yuichi will be coming by our house on saturday. Kana wants to cook Udon noodles (a famous food from her home town area); she knows how much I like them. We do not have many cooking supplies, so I don't know if she will be able to do it. I have a backup for dinner! Tacos! :)
I experianced my first Japanese earthquake yesterday. I was on my cell phone with Kana and the house started to rumble. Of course it took until the couch started to shake before I realized what was going on. I ran to the front door, thinking "be in a door way" and "at least there is a big open area in front of our house!". When I looked outside there were kids playing in the field and a woman walking her dog and no one seemed to notice. Kana felt it though and she is in Tokyo (maybe 45 minutes from here). She even said it was on the news right away, which really amazes me. Anyway, to put it lightly it scared the piss out of me! :) I am alright though. No damage. I think it was pretty small, just shallow.
I hope the rain stops now. I heard a typhoon was heading for Japan. Yippee!
As a answer to some comments left on the previous post, yes I got my drivers license and no Dad, I don't want to buy your house. Sorry to hear it fell through again. I read all the messages, sorry I can't respond to all of them. I am glad that everyone is reading. I promise to keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. It was my understanding that the typhoon veered away from you and across Nothern Japan. I suppose you would still get high winds and rain.
    So you don't like earth shaking news. After awhile you won't think anything of it, shame you aren't from California.
    Got my new IMac. Your Uncle was upset because I had it for three days and hadn't even taken it out of the box. I can just see Danny saying WHAT, not out of the box! Hot today, close to 90 degrees.
    Hope Kana can show you how to cook without utensils

    Love Brownstone (who slept in your room last night).

    ReplyDelete