Friday, September 08, 2006

Feedback

Thanks for the feedback.
I've thought about the training, cleaning up after, kennel thing and it is defintely a down side, but I Danny and I do want a dog while were here. I don't think it will be that hard to bring them back. If it is or for some reason we don't get attached, it is possible to leave them here for someone else to love.
Found a couch I liked for $650 (but still a little too much and Danny doesn't like the color) and a small desk for $110, but I still want to look around. I am looking for what they call recycle shops here. They are like the Goodwill (which I miss tremendously) but generally the stuff is newer. What happens is that a couple gets married and recieve furniture as a wedding gift, but Japanese houses are very small and they have to get rid of things that don't fit. So, you can find things that are cheap and new. I just have to find one of these fantastic stores.
I also found a car the other day for $300. That is sketchy for a Japanese car. It was a '93 Honda Civic. Blue, but not my old car blue. It had some dents, like it had been in a minor accident or the driver just ran into things. But, they trusted it as an acceptable car for their baby. Interior looked good, but the JCI ran out in January which means I would have to pay a substantial amount of money to renew it. Maybe $400. I am debating with myself if I even want to call the guy.
What do ya think?
Gotta run.

Dan & Tracy: Sorry that it was a surprise to hear from Danny, but I'm glad he emailed you anyway. He is terrible about that. I'll get on him more! He may be available during a non-christmas holiday and I may be flying to visit him, but am still unsure.
I'll let everyone know what goes on with that.
Grandma: Thanks for the advice. I'll weigh it heavily, knowing how much you like animals- then telling your granddaughter not to get one. wow

4 comments:

  1. Grandpa says the thing to watch for is the Timing Belt which has to be changed every 90,000 miles and is very expensive to have done here. If the base has a garage it could be cheaper. Seem funny to spend more on a couch than a car.

    I would wait on the dog, even though they are great company and would bark if anyone came around. Don't rush into something that will be around for many years without thinking it over. What about a inside cat? Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't have enough to say to write a blog, but I did get a good laugh. I have though about a cat, but Danny really wants a dog. I couldn't go out and get a cat while he was gone. I think he would be disapointed.
    THe couch would be really nice now. THe living room is coming together and my fat @$$ cracked grandma's chair yesterday, so that leaves me with lawn chairs! Yuck.
    Later, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a rabbit? Just kidding. Went into pet immigration and found that Japan required all shots check-ups etc. before they can leave Japan. The U.S. seems to be happy with that. Otherwords bringing an animal back probably would not be a problem.
    Using my new iMac and have the printer and scanner hooked up also. Hurray for me, and it only took two valium pills, and several more grey hairs.

    If you must get a dog get one that you can pick up, easier to give bath, take to the vet etc. I learned!
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand why you two might like a pet but remember that you two have a LOT to learn about each other and a pet could actually cause a wrinkle in the marriage and as others have stated that a pet is a very large responsibility. How about a pet spider? Ha Ha
    Sorry I don’t write much but my life sounds a lot like you two. We are living in the driveway in the 5th wheel since we moved all of our stuff in to storage before the last house deal fell through. So when the house sells we will move into town and we will have better internet access. As far as a car if doesn’t feel right then don't do it. Be patient the right deal always comes along if you can be patient. And as a closing comment “YES it is my truck, and NO I will not help you move your sofa"

    Love Dad /Larry

    ReplyDelete