Thursday, September 28, 2006

update on my thumb

I had my appointment at 10 this morning to get my stiches out. I was nervous and sweating. My blood pressure was up and my temp was 99.9 degrees! Anyway, the doctor told me I was ready to get them out (if they take them out too early it will open back up and bleed). Fairly quick and only a little pain. He could tell I had been babying it (oh come on, I am a young married woman with no kids, I need something to baby) and told me to massage it and move it around. Kind of like thumb exercises. I also need to use it as normal. That will be hard to do, but I am working on it. The muscles in the thumb are a little tense and I am still getting feeling back into the top of my thumb, but I am doing alright. It doesn't even look that gross.

1 comment:

  1. Visualizing you doing thumb exercises gave me a laugh.

    Do you need to use the exercise ball?

    Gram

    ReplyDelete