Friday, September 21, 2007

Some Misc. Things

I got a quote from the autoport yesterday. They said the bracket would be $30, but the labor is $45. I decided to just have them do an oil change while they were at it. I am trying to get as much as I can for my money. When we can afford it, the car will get new tires. Since we'll be in Rhode Island for the month, I am not worried about the car and need to save the money for our trip.

I overheard two girls talking in the gym last night. I don't feel bad about "evesdropping" because I could hear them over my music. Anyway, they were talking about a friend who is having a baby. It sounded like all these girls were enlisted wives and were about 20 or 21. One girl thought the friend was crazy because she wanted to have a baby. She said she was so young and didn't want to rush into anything. It just got me thinking (not that I wasn't already). When we do actually make a decision about this, are we gonna make the right one?
Sorry, I know we've talked about this before, but I just can't let it go. I think I am happy with letting it go until the subject comes up again then it drives me crazy.
I have a lot personal feelings about this, but I am not comfortable broadcasting them across the internet!

Okay, its a short day at work then I'm driving to Yokosuka again. Hopefully the car stays in one piece.

4 comments:

  1. Good call getting the strap fixed on the muffler. Some things just have to be done, and that's one of them.

    When it comes time to start creating a family, I have absolutely no doubts you and Danny will make the right decision. And even more than that, I know when you DO have babies, you're both going to be wonderful parents. There's no hurry. I was 24 when I had Danny and at some times, still felt that was too young. On the other hand, you're probably more mature than I was at your age too! Love you both, no matter what! XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They use to say you should wait until you are finacially secure to have children. Own your home. money in the bank, etc. Of course now you might be 60 years old or on Social Security!
    Your Dad and I discussed this today, when do you know the time is right?...you don't. Just look ahead for 9 or 10 months and see where you will be and the time of year. That is about as far as you can plan. If it works you will think you are so smart and if it doesn't........won't make any difference, you still have a kid to raise. Just do what seems right and let nature take it's course.
    May I add that you worry way to much about it!!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I worry too much about it, but I feel like I have to make a decision and you know I am terrible with that. This is just such a huge thing.
    Everyone keeps saying that I am still so young, maybe I should listen. I guess I wish there was a way to make this decision easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i know you don't like decision making. You make one and than panic because you don't know if it was the right decision.
    Just think I had to do it three times,( although it took me four years to make it with each one.) You know me, I'm pretty wishy-washy also, wish I could remember my thought pattern at that time, guess it's been to long ago.
    Age doesn't matter it's your circumstanes, at 23 years, you might not be considered so young any more, just more experienced.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete