Thursday, September 06, 2007

Update on typhoon

Here is the most recent update I've received. The ship's ombudsman has been sending the updates out everytime there is a change.

Commander US Naval Forces Japan has directed all
Commands and Activities in the Yokosuka and Yokohama
areas to set Tropical Cyclone Condition of
Readiness I Emergency (TCCOR I E) effective 06 Sept
at 2000 (8pm) Please send this out to your

families. I will update you when I receive more
updates.

This one is the highest it will go before an all-clear is called tomorrow morning. For more information, go to the Yokosuka website (http://www.cfay.navy.mil) The worst should be at about 3 am, but I am going to bed. You all can check the progress and call me if Japan slides into the sea. Can't promise I'll answer the phone. :)



By the way, our location is just northwest of the intersection of 35N and 140E.

8 comments:

  1. Yikes....that looks like the black hole that excite keeps putting me in!

    Make sure nothing outside can blow away.

    Hang on to Mocha.....and a good book.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it 2 am right now and the storm woke me up. It blows so hard on the side of the house I can feel the bed move. (I said before that it is a very weak-based bed.) Mocha is quite freaked out and I can't sleep. It looks like I'll be up for a while. I think the worst is yet to come.
    My poor plants were doing so well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad for Mocha, you AND your plants! Mother Nature can be a witch. Sorry about the misspelling. ;-)

    Hope you all three come out of it relatively unscathed. XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you woudn't sleep through it....your hearing is to good.

    Yes. poor plants....if the wind doesn't get them the heavy rain will.

    I saw that some idiots were surfing in the high waves.

    I hope you didn't end up in Kansas, you never liked Oz.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I was awake from 2 to 4 am, I slept right through my alarm at 8. My latest update was:

    COMNAVFORJAPAN has placed all commands and
    activities in the Yokosuka - Yokohama area in TCCOR
    Recovery at 0715 (7:15 am ) September 7, 2007. I
    will update you when information comes available.

    School was canceled too, but luckily the rain has stopped.

    Since they've been doing this since 7 am, I am sure it won't be long before they declare an all clear. I am gonna go walk around the house, but from what I see we mostly just have leaves laying about. And a tree that got snapped a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are your poor flowers? Did any make it through okay? Has poor little Mocha stopped shaking yet? XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My flowers did amazingly well. Although mother nature may be a witch, it is only against people and buildings. They are windblown, but they survived.
    Mocha is fine. She would leave my side at 2 am, but by 3 she was playing with her mouse. Luckily she has a short memory.
    Everything is fine around here. Its still a little windy, but there is no more rain for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear both your flowers and Mocha came through relatively unscathed. does Mocha like her battery operated mouse? I bought one for Snowphish and it keeps her amused for ages. :-)

    ReplyDelete