Monday, March 26, 2007

Anniversary

Danny and I are planning on celebrating our anniversary when we come back to the states even though it will be a month early. (So get the frozen cake ready!)
Anyway, I am trying to get him to stick to the traditional anniversary gift ideas. For example, the first year is paper. I am buying tickets to an M's game. (Its okay, he already knows this.) Of course, although we had talked about this earlier and I gave him some very concrete ideas, he seems to have forgotten. If he can't remember, would anyone out there be willing to help him out. I was hoping that the paper idea would help.
What made me post is that I was searching Google for the list of gift by year and I came across a UK website has a popular folklore rhyme based on the month you were married in. Its says for June: "Marry when June roses grow and over land and sea you'll go". Ain't that the truth!!

5 comments:

  1. Just smiling at the rhyme.... it foretold your life well. :-D
    First years, anyway.

    Not remembering details about anniversary celebrations must be a male thing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper let me see.........money is always nice, not very sentimental, but it's still better than a roll of toilet paper. So what was the hint a book or picture or something really special.

    Be sure and hint really loud, maybe write it on paper two feet high. Men also don't seen to get hints. Kind of like dogs, they hear their names and then the rest is just garbled.

    Good luck, it never worked for me in 50 years!

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the things is I thought we had already decided what we were getting each other. It wasn't like one of my normal hints, but a flat out "What do you think of this idea? I like it." I think the woman's problem is that she wants to be surprised, but we know that can't happen if we tell our husbands what we want. Guess we've just got to give that up and tell them right out. Woman have been trying to hint for centuries and it never works...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how smart you have become in less than one short year.

    Think positive maybe he really did get the hint! : )
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say. He reads the blog sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete