Thursday, March 29, 2007

More students!

So, you may remember I've been going back and forth over how many students I have. My first student hasn't had a lesson with me since January and my second student just moved away. Our last lesson was Sunday. My third student has been busy all month and unable to meet with me. She even had to cancel her last scheduled lesson. I've had a few weeks between lessons for my forth student.
Tuesday I had a trial lesson with a new student at her place. I didn't go like I wanted it to, but she wants to continue and I now have a better understanding of what she wants. My boss called me today to say I have ANOTHER new student. I will meet her in Yokohama on the 9th. My third student will restart lesson on the 15th and I will have semi-regular lessons with my others, except the first who I am still waiting to hear from. Sounds like I am going to be busy. As long as they don't want to schedule lessons for Lori-Danny time, then I am okay.
As for my other job, I have been working half days, but there really isn't much for me to do. I will work full days Monday and Tuesday next week. Right now it is just twiddle my thumbs or stare at the ceiling so I hope the principal finds something for me soon. I like structure in my life...

UPDATE: I guess I have too many students because I am loosing my mind. My schedule is all scribbled and messy and my brain feels the same way. It is hard for me to keep track of what student I have when. I used to have it all organized inside my head. I kept thinking I had a lesson on Sunday. Kana and I are trying to meet in Tokyo and so I was trying to reschedule my lesson through my boss. This morning I've had to write to him twice to say I made a mistake. The first was the time (I thought it was originally scheduled for 4:30, but it was at 4) and then I had to admit that I thought the lesson was on Sunday and that is why I was trying to schedule it earlier. Now I don't have to reschedule, but I feel like I've lost my brain. When Kana was studying at Western she said she was a squid. I told her I am turning into an American one!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you write on a calender, or use a date book like you did when you went to school? I know I have to write in my little calender book or I never remember the day or the time. I even get my weeks mixed up and sometimes I am a week behind. Write it down, it's not worth the panic when you think you missed something. You have to many irons in the fire to trust your memory.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I prefer pencil and paper better. I have a PDA but never use it. I like my good 'ol compact planner (its Japanese & colorful)

    ReplyDelete