Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things you may never have learned about Japan

I hope to make this a reoccurring topic with things you may never have learned unless I told you!

*Every half hour, nice music followed by a message reminding you that bike riding, golf, baseball, and other activities are forbidden in the park and that you must remove your own garbage and clean up after your dog is played in both Japanese and English. (This is in Negishi Shinrin Koen)

*Small trucks will drive slowly through residential neighborhoods with loud speakers that play a recorded message of someone talking or singing. I believe these are related to political candidates and issues.

*Some garbage trucks will play nice music while they're doing their rounds.

If you want to know anything else about Japan, please leave me a message.
(I feel like I should be writing a syndicated newspaper article!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but I did tell you that my garden survived. See the previous post.
    Please keep me updated on the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the notes on life in Japan. They make me smile. My friend who lives in the Tokyo area, married to a Japanese man for eighteen years, says the schools require them to report on bowel movements of their elementary school kids. ohhhhkaaay.....

    ReplyDelete