Monday, March 05, 2007

That Japanese wind

The weather is crazy! We have wind gusts tonight up to 33 mph. My poor plants... You might have to wait longer to get a picture 'cause I may have no garden left in the morning. All my soil is blowing away!
The wind makes the house shake sometimes. Please pray our house doesn't fall over!

UPDATE 9PM: If it doesn't stop out there, and it doesn't sound like it is going to, the Navy will be able to anchor their ships in our yard and my garden will float away. I know, I can't stop thinking about my poor garden. Where its positioned, it gets the water pouring off the roof of the house. I guess I'll be busy tomorrow fixing it.
We've seen a little lightening and the television service keeps going out. Suppose that is a clue I should go to bed!

UPDATE TUESDAY MORNING: It made it! I was sure that I would go outside this morning and see a large pond next to our house. If I would have, I think I might have put some koi in it! Some of the plants fell over and the soil had shifted, but it made it fairly well. I found one litte petunia laying in the grass. All I can say is that although they seemed bent over because of the wind yesterday, the daffodils really liked the rain. In fact, one of them bloomed! Maybe with all this rain, the plants will grow faster- I wish! It is bright and sunny today and hopefully my plants will pop back up.
Well, I am sure you are all tired about hearing about my garden...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of gardening. I know every year when the tulips and daffodils are blooming we will get a killer hail storm. Never fails. Hope everything made it and the neighbors doesn't get the great looking yard. Remember the Japanese build their houses to withstand earthquakes and probably high winds also. I must admit, when you hear your house creak and groan you start to wonder.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete