Thursday, March 22, 2007

Beware of the yowl

----------------------------
UPDATE on Mocha:
She is getting a little better. She still is making that sound but doesn't do it as often and I found out this evening that the neighbors can't even hear it. Thank God! I am hoping this won't last much longer and there will be no issues at her appointment. I drop her off Wednesday night so it will be a quiet and lonely night for me.
Most importantly, I am learning how to deal with her. She is quiet when I am petting her or she is on my lap (and she has been super affectionate) so if I can't handle her I just go pick her up!
---------------------------

WARNING: turn down your volume!!
I didn't want to post anything for a few days because I just wanted to give Karamel that respect. I know she is a rabbit and can't understand that concept, but if you are like me you'll understand.
So now my life moves onto my other animal, Mocha. The animal shelter called me yesterday to make an appointment for her to be fixed. Thank God, she is only 9 months old now! They told me if she went into heat before the appointment then they couldn't do it. Well, yesterday morning she started yowling and has succeeded in making my life a living hell. If you've ever experienced it you'll understand. Think of a drowning cat trying to meow- but louder and more ear piercing. Hey, I've got video! Lucky you!
She really isn't interested in playing either- sad.
So, I lock her away at night and hope that she doesn't keep the neighbor's son up all night. I know I can't sleep listening to that!
I called PAWS twice today, but got a real person the second time. They told me to go ahead and take her to the vet because they may do it. It just depends on how swollen her uterus is. (I am sorry if this to visual for anyone).
I hope this doesn't last long. If it does, one of us is not going to make it to the end of next week.
Here is the video. Yipee. Please turn down the volume. Lucky for you I accidentally was covering the microphone. It could be A LOT worse.
Yowling



Add to My Profile | More Videos

5 comments:

  1. I think you should save the yowl on a CD and play it at Halloween to scare the neighhood kids. Think of her as a 7th grade boy or girl going through puberty, they sound much the same! Your are lucky she is an inside cat or every tom in the neighborhood would be yowling on your doorstep all night long, and they sound horrible to, plus they fight. Hopefully the vet can spay her, I have heard they don't like to when they are in heat, can't remember how long it lasts.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, she is kinda like a teenager in puberty. I was gonna say that the only problem with Tracy's analogy is that Mocha is looking for a male whereas we are trying to push them away during that time of the month! :)
    She is really affectionate right now and won't cry if I am holding her, but most the time she is just driving me crazy and I make her go somewhere else to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and this could last from 4 days to 2 weeks. We're working on day three...
    I won't know if they'll do the surgery until they look at her during her appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a Q-tip? (just kidding)
    I read that they go in a heat about 4 to 7 days, but the worst is they keep doing this every two weeks until pregnant or fixed. Also they said to be very careful about her getting near doors as they will try to escape at every chance.
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our kitty, Fred, is on my lap... he raised his head and switched his tail....I kept the sound low, so maybe he thought she was far away. She is. :-)

    Our vet thinks our new kitty, who came meowing at our window and adopted us a few weeks ago, had been spayed but said to watch in case she should go into heat. (We've had male cats.) I wasn't sure what to watch for. Now I do. Scary!

    ReplyDelete