Monday, March 05, 2007

Garden

I've had all this gardening stuff (soil, plants, fertilizer, etc.) sitting on our porch for at least a month. I found some grass and weed killer at the Japanese home store and sprayed it. It took me over two weeks to get the grass out. Finally yesterday after church I got to dedicate my whole afternoon to it. I pulled out the last of the grass, layed down the plastic-like stuff that keeps weeds from growing up into your garden, dumped out the soil and planted my flowers. It took me four hours, but I really enjoyed it. My butt was sore from sitting on the ground all day. :) Despite that... it was about 65 yesterday with a light breeze and perfect for gardening. I forgot how much I missed it.
Today it is very windy and supposed to rain so I am glad it is done. I just hope my poor little plants don't take too much of a beating. I can't post a picture yet because Danny has to see it in person first. So, once I do you'll know he has!
Anyone want me to do their garden? Give me the supplies and I'll be happy to, but if you win yard of the month (in Negishi) I am taking credit for it!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it!
    And, Yes! You can do my yard any time. :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it.....just when you become useful you move away!
    Grandpa has been cleaning my beds this year, I hope some of my perennials that aren't through the ground yet, survive. The Crocus are blooming and also my first Daffodil is ready to open. Every year I wish I had put more bulbs in.

    Sounds like you have a great start, now watch out for leaf chewers. Be ready to replace anything that doesn't look like it will make it. There is always a few plants that for some reason just don't do as well as the others. Good luck.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete