Friday, March 16, 2007

A little update

I know, I haven't posted the pictures yet. I've been a little busy lately, but I can hopefully get them up by Monday or Tuesday.
So, I just wanted to let you all know how my job is going. Today is supposed to be my last day. Key word: supposed to. The regular school nurse is still at home with her baby and is trying to discover if the "babysitter" is compatible with her son. This, of course, means that I could be here a little while longer. She should be contacting the principal today and may submit a request for more time off, which means I'll still be here.
If she does come back on Monday, I will still need to come in for at least the first two days of next week to make sure she is up-to-date on everything that has changed since she left. Like the boy who twisted his ankle on my watch and is now using the school's wheelchair. That definitely makes me feel guilty. Not like I pushed him over or anything, but it is a long story.
Not much more to say about the job.
Danny and I are still waiting to hear if his leave will be approved for May. He said he was supposed to know this week, but here is Friday and the only thing I know is that he had to resubmit his leave papers. Danny told me it is looking good, but nothing is for sure until we are on that plane. Even then...
Our tickets were supposed to be paid-in-full by today, but I called the travel agency yesterday and they gave us until the 31st. They said if we need longer we can call again, but they don't know if they'll be able to give us more time or not. Hopefully I can make a deal with them. I really like the agency though and I know they have an office in Seattle, so if we ever come back to Japan in the future I know who I am going through. (They are a Japanese & American company with offices all over both countries.) If anyone is interested, they are called IACE.
I think that is enough for now. We'll keep in touch.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We will be happy to see you
    when ever you can make it.

    Singing in the choir? I couldn't even get you to hum with the car radio. Maybe you think like me....safety in numbers.

    I see the weather is warmer this year in Japan, and they are worried about all the cherry blossom festivals. Are you going to see any of them? Who knows you may not be there next year.

    Did you get to see Kana graduate? or was the timing just wrong.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to comment about the drill. Good for Danny more power to him, lttle play on words here, groan.
    It will always make your life easier to repair things with power tools. Sabor saw, electric screw driver, good level, hammer, and many extras and you will be ready to go. You'll have that house built in no time.

    Gram

    ReplyDelete