Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Military Post Office

It was only a matter of time before the Navy gave me something new to rant about. I've been married to it for just over a year, but I am certainly learning how things work (or don't work actually).
Recently I've been having a lot of issues with my mail. When we went back to the states in May I put a hold on our mail. When we came back, I had two months of magazines and other strange things that gave me the idea that they had a bunch of my mail stashed in the back. In July I ordered a table cloth and curtains. The curtains were from Walmart and the table cloth was from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I ordered them on the same day. About a week later my curtains came. I kept checking for my table cloth but never saw it. One day I got a "second notice". The date was not that day and the mail people said I had nothing. About a week later I got a "final notice" so of course I am thinking "WTF?" I gave it to the postal people and it was my table cloth. That was about a week and a half ago, but the Yokohama post office's date was 7/27. It had been there over 2 weeks!!
Tracy bought me some knitting stuff and sent it to me on August 8th. Today I got a "second notice". I obviously never got the first one or I would have claimed it. I've been checking my email everyday! Today is the 21st and the Yokohama date on the box is the 13th! Holy crap. Thats ridiculous. Now I know that if it takes forever for us to get a package it is because our postal workers are letting it sit in the back room collecting dust.
Maybe when I open th box I'll see that they already knit something for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're funny! Hopefully you'll find the yarns waiting for you to use yourself, just fine. I'm just glad it finally showed up at all, I was starting to get worried. Did you let the 'powers that be' know about the poor service you're receiving? That's unsat, as Dan would say. XXOOX Mom/Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you're saying "don't send cookies".

    I wonder if Danny's birthday card is still floating around, we sure can't find it here.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete