Sunday, August 05, 2007

Now I've earned it

I can't complain about my students canceling now. I just majorly screwed up. I was ready for my lesson at 130. I spent a lot of time thinking about it because it was at a odd time. I was going about my business and whatnot. I looked at the clock- 1:15. I've got 5 or 10 minutes til I leave. Then I looked at my phone or my watch. It was 1:50. I missed him. He left just as I realized what time it was. The security guard told me that he waited for 20 minutes. He didn't call me because he didn't have his cell phone. I feel so stupid. Needless to say, the clock is now in the garbage and I'm going out to buy a new one.
Gotta go. I have a student in 10 and I don't want to miss the second one of the day.

5 comments:

  1. Now....does he get a free lesson?

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I don't know. Should he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well....you said you thought that students should have to pay at least half for when they call in sick at the last minute.......what about when a teacher doesn't show? Of course a really BIG apology and since I don't know if he had travel expense, anybe reimburse him for that. Unless he has been canceling at the last minute also. Then forget it!!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. He got one big apology already and I'm sure he'll get another next weekend. I'll ask about the transportation fee. If I give him a free lesson then I think I still have to pay the 450 yen commission. Like I said before, its hard to make rules when they go through a school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe just ask him to cover the commission fee and comp the rest? Win/win for you both. :-)

    ReplyDelete