Friday, August 17, 2007

Tonight's storm

I am so glad this one waited until an hour after I was home to start. My friend Amy thinks one might have hit her house. She said she heard a sound similar to when you degauss your computer screen. Hopefully most of you will know what I'm talking about and yes, I spelled it right. She said everything in her house is working. I told her about the time that Doug's motherboard got fried in one of the Ohio lightening storms, but I didn't get to ask her if she felt anything like and electrical charge. I think she would have mentioned that. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised. Her house is just a few away from mine and I'd swear one strike was so loud it could have blasted your ear drums... and thats coming from a band nerd who spent a good amount of time with very loud instruments.

The point of this blog was to show you a cute picture of Mocha when she got freaked out because of the storm. She crawled inside my purse. Later she crawled into my nightshirt. There won't be any pictures of that last one. This isn't that kind of blog!














I am sure you all want to hear about my day in Tokyo and filming for the television show. I promise I'll get to that.

4 comments:

  1. Poor baby, she must have been terrified. I bet when she climbed inside your shirt and felt your heartbeat, it calmed her own down considerably. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expression on her face tells it all. Our dog, Iris, get very anxious in storms. She wakes up at night, panting, when she hears the slightest rumble in the distance. The vet suggested Benedryl to help her calm down, by making her sleepy. I wonder if there is something for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is cute that she crawled into your purse, of all places. You may have to buy a bigger purse.....or a bigger nightshirt! Just think with Lori's Ark you won't even need blankets anymore.

    I'm afraid you couldn't even hide the storm by playing music louder, the storm was to intence.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. As sad and almost sweet the image is of Mocha being terrified because of the storm, it wasn't really like that. She was a little restless, but thats pretty much it. The nightshirt involved her standing on my stomach and also stepping on my ipod.
    Mocha really likes my purse, but her favorite thing of mine to crawl into is my knitting bag.

    ReplyDelete