Sunday, August 05, 2007

Really? No! (& two posts in one)



Okay, this is like a "Where's Waldo" game.
First background information. This is our weather channel. We see this screen 24 hrs a day.
Now, lets find the truth. Yes, it is Sunday, August 5th at 11:16:52 PM. Maybe that is why I fund this so funny. It is safe bet that we've gotten 0.07" of rain in the last 5 days and that humidity is 69%, although I'll tell you it feel much higher.
Let me promise to you, it IS NOT 113 degrees. It didn't even get that hot while the sun was shining!! I believe is actually about 80 degrees. The high... 325 degrees?! The boiling point is 212 degrees. We are in a lot of trouble. The wind speed is 1-96 mph! Forget earthquakes; our house might blow away. And don't forget, this is updated in realtime!

I apologize for my obnoxious sarcasm. :)

UPDATE: I checked today and the channel said that the temperature equipment was out of service. Boy am I glad they told me that!!

Cute or Creepy?
I finished painting this today, but I don't know if I like it. Should I keep it like this (a ceramic Garfield) or try to change it? I haven't sealed it yet...


ANOTHER UPDATE: I finished touchups on the cat and decided to keep it brown and orange. It is now sealed and sitting in my kitchen window, but I think I am going to move it upstairs.

5 comments:

  1. You did a very good job painting him. I don't remember if the original picture was striped like this.
    Is it the yellow you are not fond of? He does look like Garfield, I would put a bright red hat on him for Christmas and try to sell him.

    Keep painting.....

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a little too orange for my tastes. The picture does make him look brighter and bolder than he really is.
    I don't have anything else to paint... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like the little thing. I say keep him! He looks good sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I can feel the love! Seriously, it's a cute cat, you'll look at it for years and remember when you painted it. Are you into ceramics now? I did that for a few years in my teens, it can be a lot of fun. If/when you get tired of that, it's a natural step into tole painting from there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete