Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pictures of Museum and Park

Here they are!! I found a new quick and easy way to upload the pictures onto the web and make them into a slideshow. The old way was that I'd use Photobucket to upload them 10 or 15 at a time, which took forever! Then I would have to log onto slide.com and choose which photos I wanted.
This new way takes less than 10 minutes. I connect my camera, start Picasa (a google, photo-editing software) and that automatically adds the photos. Then I create a web album through Picasa. The photos are added to my google account online and I can attach the slideshow right to the blog. The downside is that all the photos go in the slideshow once I add them online, but I could work around that if it was a big deal.
Anyway... The pictures came out a little funny because of the setting I was using. Things look a little ghost-y. I guess that is appropriate since the museum is of typical life in the Edo period (1603-1867). The museum was a recreation of a small village of the time.
After the museum we went to a near-by park. It was called the Kiyosumi Teien. Teien means park, but it is related to a designed garden. I was built by a very rich business man and owned by many other wealthy families.
Enough talk, here are the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures. I like the simplicity of the Japanese house. I hope this had the sliding doors.
    Did they have a thing for bunny toys....or was it just the picture taker.

    Now that is what I think of when I think Japenese gardens. The water feature is very popular here in the states. Mainly because it is so easy to make.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize I didn't explain any pictures. Yes, the collection of rabbits was just the selection of the photographer. They had many old style toys there. When you go through the slide show you will see one at the end that has a little movie symbol at the bottom left. If you click on it, a 3 second video will load.
    Sorry there aren't more pictures of the park. It was nearly too hot to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure was beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us. And thanks for sending me the link to your blog again. It's now bookmarked on Dan's computer too! :-)

    ReplyDelete